Solar Senior Capital makes investments primarily in private U.S. middle market companies that are intended to generate interest and fee income from senior secured loan investments. The income generated from these investments is passed through to shareholders in the form of monthly distributions. In addition to its current yield, benefits to investing in SUNS include:
Access to an attractive, alternative investment strategy.
- While alternative investments have typically been geared towards institutions and high net worth individuals, Solar Senior Capital’s liquid, publicly-traded stock enables a broader range of investors to gain exposure to the private direct lending asset class while also benefiting from increased diversification and the attributes of a closed-end fund.
- Direct lending to middle market private companies typically provides an investment opportunity to capture an illiquidity premium and generate excess returns from a less efficient and illiquid private market as compared to the larger, more liquid syndicated leveraged loan market.
- Commercial banking reforms and leveraged lending regulatory changes have created a long term attractive supply / demand dynamic that should continue to be viewed favorably by lenders, and in particular non-bank providers such as BDCs and private credit funds.
Experienced investment advisor, aligned with investors through ~5.3% ownership of SUNS common stock.
- Solar Capital Partners has invested approximately $7.9 billion in over 275 companies since inception for Solar Capital and Solar Senior Capital.
- The investment team continues to be one of the largest shareholders through open-market purchases of SUNS common stock.
- Solar Capital Partners is focused on capital preservation and long term value creation. Solar Senior Capital’s investment manager is experienced in maximizing relative value through different economic and market cycles by managing, proactively, both Solar Senior Capital’s investment portfolio and its balance sheet in response to near term and long term investment opportunities.
- Solar Senior Capital has provided public shareholders with a stable, attractive monthly distribution since the Company’s initial public offering in February, 2011.